Thursday, April 17, 2008

New things

You know it's bad when your mom tells you that you haven't posted since March!  And I don't have any excuses besides a wee bit of apathy towards writing at the moment.  Nothing major, just an "I don't feel like it" attitude that has been getting in the way and blogger being a pain.  I'm thinking of switching hosts, but want to be sure before I change everything.  Anyhow...


Guess what I've gone and done.  Go on, guess!  If you said something to do with fabric or yarn or books or music, you're wrong.  It is something sporty.  Something outdoorsy.  Something it would be hard imagining a woman with an extra fifty pounds doing.  Can't guess?  I've started training to run a half marathon.  Yup.  I can hardly believe it myself!  Not that I'm anti-running or anything, just that it's been 15 years or more since I last laced up my sneakers.  And I've never done it for twelve miles.  That's over twenty km!  The worst part about it is that I managed to hurt my foot after the first training run.  So now I'm laid up for a bit while I heal and everyone else in the course (yes, it's a college course) goes on with training.  I have to say that I loved it and am more than a little frustrated at this setback.

And just in case you think I haven't been sewing or knitting, I have.  In fact, I knitted most of a sweater and then had to unravel the front because my tension changed somewhere and the front was a good six inches longer than the back.  Things to remember the next time I take on a project!  I also have a quilt on the go and a dress that is waiting for me to do a few adjustments to it.  I'll get pictures when I can find my camera again  (I really have no idea how it gets lost so often!).

Before I go, I'll leave you with some child humour.  The setting: the supper table.

Me:  So what did you boys do at recess today?

Caleb:  I played soccer.

Ethan:  I chased girls.

Me:  You chased girls?

Ethan (smiling shyly now):  Yeah.

Me:  What did you do when you caught them?

Ethan:  I let them chase me!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sinewy runners frighten me. Don't go and get all Iron Woman on us!

Hope the foot heals quickly, and best of luck with your training!

M. said...

oh those boys! haha, that's a cute response though :)