Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thimbleberries Reject

Yes, that is my latest quilt.  It's called "Thimbleberries Reject" because I used all my Thimbleberries fabric from a club I was in up in Rainbow Lake.  Never finished most of the projects because I was so over Thimbleberries stuff by then.  Easy; no pattern, not much measuring, not much cutting.  All I did was cut 3" strips, sew them all together lengthwise, cut every other one in half, and sew enough of them together to make a twin size quilt.  Talk about fast and stress-free.  Well, all except for the deadline of a week.  And my constant procrastination.  Good grief, you'd think I'd have learned a thing or two about leaving stuff until the last minute, but I haven't.



Anyway, the quilt went on the prize table at one of the boys' hockey tournaments and was won by someone who really wanted it - nice, eh!  The rink manager/zamboni driver had his eye on it and put his name into the draw specifically for the quilt.  Needless to say, I didn't see that one coming.  Somehow he didn't strike me as the quilt buying type, but was he ever happy when he got it!  Just a reminder to myself never to judge a book by it's cover.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Lovely quilt! I wonder if he'll use it as a lap quilt while driving the zamboni? I would.

Faith and Mark said...

It is a wonderful quilt Carmen. You always do such a good job.

Heather said...

Me again, just want to pass this new blog on- written in letter format by two of my favorite bloggers, http://onesquarewindow.blogspot.com/
Enjoy!