Thursday, May 31, 2007

All about the color

Ok. This is the before picture of my beautifully orangy bright kitchen. I loved having an orange kitchen - so cheerful and happy to see me in the morning. Luke, on the other hand, had some choice words to say about it. I think "ghastly" summed it up quite succinctly in his mind.


Now for the end result. A much tamer, safer, and not so in-your-face yellowy color. Official name: Sahara. Truthfully (and I reeeally hate to admit it) it fits into our kitchen better. The wood seems like just wood and not something that totally clashes with the walls. It mixes well with the countertop, the lino, the backsplash, and pretty much everything else. So, while I am sad to see my bright kitchen go, I am happy to be in a place that is not at odds with itself. Luke's just happy it isn't orange!

2 comments:

Team Willems said...

looks great, carmen! i've got the itch to start renovating our house too...so i've started on the yard instead!

Faith and Mark said...

I understand your love of the bright orange. My last kitchen was a bright yellow. Also because I needed the sunshine it brought. The new color looks good though. Good pick.