Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A little snow



Yep, it's officially a blizzard. All school buses are canceled and even though the boys don't ride the bus, they get to stay home. It was so bad last night that I finally realized that all the stories of people freezing to death because they became disoriented between their house and barn were possibly true. I opened up my front door this morning and this is what I found. And that is in the sheltered part of the house. I can't even imagine what the driveway must be like. Good thing I went and got my groceries yesterday!



In the meantime, I have been working like a madwoman on my next quilt. I have some grand idea that it might be done for a raffle for Caleb's or Ethan's hockey tournament. That said, I have an inner voice telling me that this is an impossible scheme doomed to failure. We'll see, I guess. I've finished seven blocks with five to go. Then they need to be joined together with mini pieced sashes. Then sandwiched and quilted. Oy vey!

1 comment:

Faith and Mark said...

If you are tired of all the snow feel free to send us some. So far the only part of blizzard we have gotten is the 100km winds:(