Monday, November 05, 2007

Books for the Prime Minister




I was on pneuma's blog this morning and read about Yann Martel sending Stephen Harper a book every couple of weeks or so. It sounded vaguely familiar - I'm sure it made the news quite a while back. On her post, she had a link to this site where Mr. Martel lists the books as well as copies of the letters he writes the Prime Minister. I found it endlessly entertaining. I loved Mr. Martel's Life of Pi and thoroughly enjoyed reading how and why he selected each book for Mr. Harper. Of course, anything that has a book list ends up as a personal challenge to me and I will not rest easy until I have read every single book. It's a sickness, I know. The compulsion is simply too strong for my frail mind to resist.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Carmen,

I am glad you enjoyed the list as much as I did. I should think after reading the letters and the books, your mind would be far from frail!