Monday, August 20, 2007

Wrapping things up


I'm getting a little bored regaling you with holiday stories, so I'm going to end off with a quick recap. After Revelstoke we ended up in Salmon Arm for some water skiing and sitting by the lake. We then travelled down to Kelowna for a family reunion that was a lot of fun. So nice to see my cousins and uncles and aunts and my grandma! Also very hot there - we sure used that air conditioner in the trailer. As per family rules, we did the required go-cart racing. I was second over all the cousins, and quite proud of that. Luke didn't count as a cousin, he competed in the highly professional uncle division and came so close to the top! After Kelowna we drove to Calgary/Okotoks for some visiting of friends and family. We then went to Edmonton for a day of West Edmonton Mall fun (the kids all agreed that this was the best part of vacation!). Rides, waterslides - can life get better than this? We then wound our way home a few days early because I was starting to get a little homesick.

The next week, Caleb went to camp for the very first time. So scary for me! Luckily our church was in charge of the cooking for that week, so I spent a day out there in the kitchen and made sure he was doing OK. After that week, the days have been spent in summer-like pasttimes. Swimming lessons, pickle making, drag race watching, etc. Now I'm all caught up! Hopefully I'll have something current to share with you next time.

No comments: