Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Busy, busy, busy


Wow, has it really been so long since I've posted? Gotta say that it doesn't seem that long ago! So much has happened. The kids have been sick, then well, and now sick again. First time was some sort of flu (a lot of laundry came of that!) and now there are stuffy noses, coughs, sore throats, and in two out of three cases a fever. Thankfully the first illness only stopped long enough to say hello to me, and this one has ignored me entirely. So far. I think. My poor children and husband, on the other hand, have taken the brunt of it.


Next on my busyness list is keeping a clean house. I know there are some of you out there that this comes quite natural to, but for me it's a struggle against my innate procrastination and laziness. Wow, was that L word ever hard to write! It's been two weeks and I think that I wouldn't have been too embarrassed if anyone had dropped in, which is a major step in the right direction for me.


I am also one of the music team leaders at church, and that tends to take up a lot of room in my brain on the weeks we lead worship. Too much, in fact, and much of it unnecessary. A lot of it is panic because too often I have forgotten to contact someone or do something that should have already been done.


Thank goodness for the boys. They are so precious, even though my mountain of laundry gains new height daily (can someone PLEASE tell me why little boys and mud are so attracted to each other! Three, yes, three pairs of pants a day for each child!). Caleb so cheerful, Ethan so cuddly, and Titus so funny. Really, what more could I ask for?

1 comment:

Faith and Mark said...

I too have my share of laundry piles in my bedroom. Although this spring we (Micah) have started ripping the knees out of our jeans. So those I just get to throw out or cut off and I don't need to wash them.

Good news. We are coming up for a short visit at the end of May!!!