Thursday, January 11, 2007

Another snow day

It's not actually snowing outside and the wind has calmed down, but buses were shut down again so my cuties got to stay home for the second day in a row. They are outside playing in the fritzing cold - nothing I could say would dissuade them. They were bound and determined to shovel something. I don't know what it is about shovels, but my boys love, love, love them. We had to buy new ones for them this year because their old ones broke from hard usage.
Here are the boys inside their quinsey (??) that Luke helped them build on his days off. You make a big pile of snow and let it sit overnight, then shovel out the inside the next day. Voila, a quinsey. I was all for making an igloo, but due to his vastly superior snow building knowledge and the fact that he would do most of the work, Luke's plans won out. I have to admit, it was a lot less work than piling big blocks of snow, and seems sturdier. By the way, that girl is the daughter of the people who bought our Tahoe, and she was just beautiful. Those kids played together for a good hour and Caleb and Ethan were entranced.

No comments: