Saturday, December 16, 2006

And the hubby of the year award goes to...



Last weekend we went to Edmonton for Luke's Christmas present. Poor guy had to ride in the back of the 'burb because of his tailbone. We went and inflicted more pain on him for the ride home - Lasik eye surgery. Yep, he can now see unassisted by glasses or contacts of any kind. The only problem is that fluorescent lights are now this superman's kryptonite. Want to rob his wallet? Put him under the fluorescent. Need to torture him for Christmas present information? Fluorescent lights are your best bet. Have to tell him that the kids broke his projector TV? Fluorescent, fluorescent, fluorescent!


As a result of the surgery, his sleeping schedule got all messed up. Monday morning rolled around and he was up at the ungodly hour of 3 a.m. Around 7:30 a.m. I groggily rolled out of bed to a household of organization. Children were clothed and fed, lunches were made, and everyone was smiling. Not our usual morning. The boys actually had about an hour of playtime before Caleb and Ethan had to go to school! I was told to go back to bed, and being the submissive and dutiful wife that I am, I did. After a lovely sleep-in, I was treated to breakfast in bed. Of course, the day didn't end there. Supper was wings and fries - which are Luke's specialties. Now, if there is one thing I like, it's a man who knows his way around a kitchen. And mine does. Can't you tell from the kids' faces?

I'm sorry, ladies, but this guy is all mine. I don't know how I landed him or what I've done to deserve such treatment, but I sure am grateful. Not every day is like this one was, but I always know I am loved and appreciated. Not much more that a woman needs!

No comments: